Duke Photography has been closed as a standalone unit effective February 19, 2018. We know there are questions about this transition and offer the following information and guidance.
What do I do if I have photo needs?
- Please refer to the photography toolkit at styleguide.duke.edu or email us at email@example.com with questions. We will respond to your requests within 24 hours.
Who are the preferred/recommended freelancers?
- A list of freelance photographers is available at styleguide.duke.edu. This list will be updated as additional photographers are identified and their eligibility to do work for Duke is confirmed.
- Communicators are encouraged to share information about freelance photographers so that the list can be kept up to date – please email suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guidelines for working with freelancers, including rights, releases, and image tagging and metadata protocols are available in the photography toolkit at styleguide.duke.edu.
What about headshots?
- Any headshots that were scheduled as of February 19 will proceed as planned.
- If you are looking to have a headshot taken, please contact us at email@example.com
What if I have already booked Duke Photography to cover my event/do a shoot for a publication or website?
- All appointments booked through March 16 will be honored. If you wish to proceed with a freelance photographer instead, please let us know and we will be happy to help you in your search.
- We will contact all those whose events are later than March 16 to help you complete your project in a timely and cost-effective way.
Where can I get the images that have been taken but not delivered?
- We will confirm the delivery of all in-progress projects.
Do I have to pay my outstanding bills?
- Any work completed by Duke’s photographers – including photography booked through Duke Photo for a future date – will be billed within one week at the agreed-upon rates and are payable through the regular internal payment process.
Where do I get stock photos/images?
- A library of thematic, strategic, and engaging images (still and moving) will be available for all campus communicators to use at no charge.
- ONC will maintain the library and will regularly refresh the available images from sources throughout Duke.
- Please refer to the photography toolkit on styleguide.duke.edu for more information.